REXBURG — During a press conference on Friday morning, Sheriff Roy C. Klingler, of the Madison County Sheriff’s Office, announced his intention not to run for re-election this year.
REXBURG — Madison School District, City of Rexburg and Madison County joined together Monday morning to celebrate the official beginning of “Start with Hello” week.
REXBURG – After many years, the new Col. R. Jack Layton squadron of Civil Air Patrol (CAP) has been chartered in Rexburg.
Boys Basketball Poll: February 8, 2016
REXBURG — Tavin Marlor is a large, strong young man.
REXBURG, Idaho — The award-winning Vocal Spectrum will headline this year’s BYU-Idaho Barbershop Music Festival Feb. 20 in Rexburg.
BOISE, Idaho – AARP Foundation is once again providing free, IRS certified tax assistance for all Idaho taxpayers through the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide program. AARP Foundation Tax-Aide, in its 49th year, is the nation’s largest free tax assistance and preparation service. You do not need to …
IDAHO FALLS — Members of North Fremont Business Professionals of America participated in the annual Region 10 competitive events at Eastern Idaho Technical College on Friday, Jan. 15, 2016. Students from nine schools competed in 60 different business related categories to demonstrate their s…
During the Idaho Horticulture Expo, four students were chosen for their scholastic record, student need and their ability and sincerity in pursuing employment in the nursery industry in Idaho. Each student received a check for $750. Listed below are students who won the scholarships:
Here at the Madison Library, we’re ready to begin a month of literary frolicking with this year’s book “A Room with a View” by E. M. Forster. Each winter we spend a month on a community reading series we call On the Same Page. Why? Studies have shown that people who read for pleasure are mor…
Recently I read an internet post by a person who lamented a work situation made stressful by a terrifying supervisor. The writer outlined the supervisor’s unprofessional, incompetent behavior, which was followed by angry outbursts from nowhere. Because of this unpredictable nature, the super…
The Madison JV girls basketball team completed a fine season and their fans wish to congratulate them. The team went 15-3. It was a great season for this team, with great coaches and a great bunch of young ladies. Front row left to right: Aliesha Seamons, Brooke Hammond, Brielle Hammond, Lau…
Sugar-Salem competed at Cupids Cheer Challenge at Highland High School on Saturday and placed first in show, first in pom, first in sideline and first and second in stunt group. The four-time defending 3A state champions are coached by Hayli Peterson. They will compete this year at the state…
The Rexburg Kiwanis Club, in conjunction with the Rexburg Area Chamber of Commerce, is gearing up for the annual Easter Egg Hunt. 2015 was so much fun and we had huge support from the community. We had 11,000 eggs full of candy and prizes.
An Idaho Falls native, Kristen Tracy, will print her 11th novel with Random House publishing company this year.
HIGHLAND 83, NORTH FREMONT 6
Former Shelley Athletic Director David Hadley’s resignation came just four days before the misdemeanor charge of battery filed against him was dismissed Friday.
REXBURG — When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
- Mixed opinions from Southeast Idaho legislators on Friday’s minimum wage bill introduction
- LDS Church comes out against Utah medical marijuana bill
- Utah joins push to keep guns from domestic abusers
- Indian tribes seek to restore Columbia salmon runs
- Utah legislators back plan to declare porn a health crisis
- Idaho contract given to Texas-based Fluor Corp
- Idaho county to use upgraded voting system for 2016 election
- Idaho’s interim committees still working on suggestions
- Experts say launch won't bring N. Korea much closer to ICBM
- Low gas prices leave city budgets with extra cash
- Pope, Russian Orthodox patriarch to meet in historic step
- Egyptian Christian students stand trial for insulting Islam
- January missionary report
- LDS apostle delivers warning, promise to BYU-Idaho campus and community
- Vatican says Iran now called on to combat terrorism
- Idaho Dem lawmaker working on new faith-healing bill
- GOP lawmakers want exemptions for gay marriage opponents
- Open house starts Jan. 15 for Provo City Center Temple
- Only On AP: Oldest Christian monastery in Iraq is razed
- Vatican commits to slavery-proofing its own supply chains